There is a common scenario for many hobby starters. They are afraid to try such hi-tech hobbies because of the prejudice that it is so hard to build robots and program them.
First of all, LEGO Mindstorms NXT doesn't require any prior programming language and doesn't enforce you to learn. All you need to do is drag&drop. In later stages, you can surely continue with the programming tools which is provided in the system. You can transfer your program to robot's brain (NXT Intelligent Brick) through USB or Bluetooth wirelessly. So, you can control your robot in any bluetooth powered device including PDAs, laptops or even mobile phones.
What you get :
• 3 interactive servo motors feature inbuilt rotation sensors to align speed for precise controlLEGO Mindstorms NXT is available on Amazon store with special promotions and free discounts.
• New ultrasonic sensor makes robots "“see" by responding to movement
• New sound sensor enables robots to react to sound commands, including sound pattern and tone recognition
• Improved light sensor detects different colors and light intensity
• Improved touch sensor reacts to touch or release and allows robots to feel
• 519 hand-selected, stylized elements from the Lego Technic building system ensure robot creations will be sturdy and durable while also looking authentic
• Opportunities for physical programming of robots and interaction with robots during programming
• 18 building challenges with clear, step-by-step instructions help acclimate users to the new system to create robots ranging from humanoids and machinery to animals and vehicles
• Digital wire interface allows for third-party developments
Creativity is the key to happiness in this life!
Related article : Ready for the challange? Roboreptile or Lego Mindstorms NXT